Aerial city view across Hyde Park (indicative image only)
What is the Station Design and Precinct Plan?
CPB Contractors has been awarded the contract to deliver the station component of the Pitt Street integrated station development, including improvements to the public domain. The Station Design and Precinct Plan (SDPP) outlines the urban, landscaping and architectural design for Pitt Street Station and shows how it will integrate with the surrounding precinct. It identifies the design objectives and principles, and discusses opportunities to improve public spaces, connectivity, transport and access.
- Ensuring an easy customer experience
- Being part of a fully integrated transport system
- Being a catalyst for positive change
- Being responsive to distinct contexts and communities
- Delivering an enduring and sustainable legacy for Sydney
Key design features
- Improved pedestrian pathways
- Enhanced station entries including weather protection
- Upgrades to the adjacent bus stop on Park Street
- Cycle racks to be installed at both entries on Park and Bathurst streets
- Refurbishment of street furniture
Have your say
Thank you for your submissions. The exhibition period is closed.
In October 2020, the draft SDPP was publicly exhibited as part of Pitt Street Station community consultation. Members of the community provided their feedback to inform the final SDPP which will available on the Sydney Metro and CPB websites in mid 2021.
Download a copy of the draft SDPP
Your feedback will be considered and addressed in the final Pitt Street Station SDPP which will be available on the Sydney Metro and CPB Contractors websites in mid 2021.
Properties close to the Pitt Street Station construction sites will receive notifications when work is scheduled to occur and we will continue to keep the general community updated through the Sydney Metro website, social media channels and email updates.
For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.